Bubbly with Bevi: Sparkling Coconut Lime Mojito
Bubbly with Bevi is a blog series featuring Guest Creative Jyoti Patel. The monthly series covers a variety of fun Happy Hour recipes you could create with the Bevi machine plus some simple ingredients
It’s Memorial Day weekend, which basically means the fun starts on Friday. While I wish I were celebrating the holiday on an island somewhere in the middle of the Caribbean (and swimming with dolphins), I’ll have to enjoy the long weekend from here. However, that’s not going to stop me from at least pretending I’m somewhere breezy and tropical—thus, enter the mojito…
If you’re lucky enough to be next to a Bevi machine, then you can mix up this tropical drink with as much sugar, lime, coconut, rum, and fun that you want. I have to admit, I get a little intimidated when I see bartenders put together this drink—I think it’s all the muddling. When I tried it for myself, it was incredibly easy, and I kind of wish I was about to throw a taco-themed party! If you’re looking for a tropical get-away (by drink), or just something to cool off with—I suggest you give this a whirl.
- 3 oz. rum
- 8 – 10 fresh mint leaves
- 2 – 3 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Bevi Lime Mint sparkling water
- Bevi Coconut sparkling water
- Place mint leaves, 1 – 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar (depending on how sweet you want the drink), and a splash of both Bevi Lime Mint and Coconut sparkling waters, in a glass. With a muddler, or back of a sturdy spoon—gently press mint leaves and twist against the glass, until leaves are nicely muddled and fragrant.
- Add rum to glass, and fill glass 3/4 full of ice. Fill remainder of glass with Bevi coconut sparkling water and/or plain sparkling water (for a subtle coconut taste), and stir.
- Garnish with lime wedge and/or mint.
For an extra kick of coconut: rim glass with sweetened coconut flake granules